- 1 ½ cup quinoa
- 2 ½ cups of water
- 1 cup cucumber, quartered
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 yellow ball pepper /paprika
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt + pepper
- Red chili pepper, very thinly sliced, fresh or dried (optional)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese - favorite choice: sheep milk feta
- Mix one cup of uncooked quinoa with 2 cups of water. Boil it in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine your favorite ingredients in a large bowl according to your taste: cucumber, tomatoes, Kalamata olives, red onions, yellow ball pepper.
- Dressing: whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper. For the spicy foodies amongst you: try adding some chili pepper. Drizzle a little bit of the dressing over quinoa/vegetable mixture, a little at a time.
- Season with salt + pepper, top with feta cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!